- 'Off the grid' living
- Private location with two running creeks
- Main 2 bed residence + separate 1 bed cottage
Have you ever thought about living 'off the grid', but within reach of civilisation? Well this 22 hectare (55 acre) property certainly provides the privacy and the self-sufficiency, yet is only 15 minutes from the amenities of Tully and Mission Beach. With no neighbours, two running creeks and Crown land on two sides, your serenity will be protected.
The main home is a shed conversion and located in an elevated position. With 2 bedrooms, a modern well equipped bathroom and a kitchen with spectacular views of the tranquil creek, you'll have all the creature comforts. Sit back on your covered patio and listen to the native birds singing, or stroll down to the creek and small waterfall to take in the best the rainforest has to offer. You'll be spoilt for choice when looking for a quiet place to enjoy an afternoon coffee, with almost 2 acres of manicured and formal gardens. Today, sit amongst the well-established palm gardens and tomorrow, sit in amongst the fruit trees.
As an added bonus, tucked away in the corner of the property is a separate self-contained 1 bedroom cottage. Perfect for when visitors come to stay, or even a potential holiday letting option. As you approach the cottage via its own driveway you'll be pleasantly surprised by what it offers. The cottage has its own kitchenette, large veranda and even an outside bathroom - perfect for getting back to nature!
Both the main residence and cottage are powered by a solar battery system and utilise water captured by the heavens, or pumped up from the creek.
Other features of this unique property include:
- 2 bedroom + 1 bathroom in the main residence. Another 1 bedroom and outdoor bathroom in the cottage.
- Raked ceilings and colonial style windows overlooking the rainforest.
- A modern kitchen with island bench that has a view of the creek that makes doing the dishes a pleasure. Kitchenette provided in the cottage.
- Solar (1.75kw) and battery system powers both the main house and the cottage
- Separate water tanks for the main house and the cottage that can be topped up from the creek if required (pump included)
- New gas water system and Honda generator
- Some items of furniture included (bedroom robes and kitchen sideboard)
- Immaculate gardens (almost 2 acres) made of a lush rolling lawn, fruit trees, palms and native plants. The rest of the property is virgin rainforest.
- A garage attached to main residence
- Separate wooden shed (ride on mower included)
- Strong mobile phone / wireless internet service
An amazing opportunity to get back to nature, yet without sacrificing the convenience of modern living. This place will surprise you!